Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ear Plug -- 12/11

I had emailed Dr R our most recent pictures of Belle on Saturday, and he tried to call us several times that evening but our line was busy so we didn't actually get to talk until Monday (12/11). He said everything looked fine.

However, I mentioned that it seemed like the ear canal extension he created is getting smaller (I noticed that it seemed like it was getting harder to drying the canal with a Q-tip), he suggested we cut-down some ear-plugs (like you use to keep out noise while sleeping) and insert one into her new canal every evening after bath (removing it in the morning).


Since the ear plugs "smooch" to fit into your ear, cutting them proved challenging, put possible. I guess we'll be doing this routine nightly for several months to make sure that the new canal doesn't shrink.

He mentioned that I needed to cut it down so it wouldn't put too much pressure on the new canal, so I started at about half size and kept cutting down. I finally went with the smallest sized (pictured below) but after checking with him again went back to the 2nd largest.

No comments: